Under general supervision, the Lifeguard provides a safe environment for all
types of aquatic programs. The Lifeguard prevents loss
of life or injury to patrons and at times performs related maintenance duties. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Mandatory pre-season in-service training sessions will be held in June.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Enforces pool rules and regulations; rescues persons in distress and renders First Aid /CPR when necessary;
maintains pool records and reports, including program registration and safety reports; follows City policies and
procedures; and performs other assigned duties, as required.
• At least 15 years of age.
• Recommended exposure to: swimming lessons instruction or working with young people in an
organized environment, and/or participation in the Junior Lifeguard program, or experience as an
Instructor’s Aide, or Lifeguard.
• Lifeguard rescue and life-saving techniques.
• American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program and basic pool policies and procedures. Or equivalent
• Demonstrate all Lifeguard Training skills.
• Proficiently swim and demonstrate swimming skills
• Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
• Work with other people contacted in the course of employment
Education & Certifications:
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Training with CPR and First Aid (or equivalent)
• Ability to obtain First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22 equivalent)
$14.75 – $15.75 per hour - Scale based on experience and years of service.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR LIFEGUARD POSITIONS
The City of Woodland’s Community Services Department is accepting applications for employment. The filing
deadline is April 15, 2020 at 5 pm. Interviews will be conducted April 17 through April 24, 2020.
Community Services Department
2001 East Street
Woodland, CA, 95776
Phone: (530) 661-2000
THE ABILITY TO SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND SPANISH IS A DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION FOR ALL POSITIONS.
The City of Woodland hires only US citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to
work in the United States.
The City of Woodland is an equal opportunity employer
For more information, contact Recreation Supervisor, Brad Petersen at (530) 661-2000
Employers, if you have an open position and you like to post your job for free, simply email us at email@example.com and we will post it on our site.